This course is designed to review the principles related to business accounting. The course uses discussion boards, video, and scenario based activities to reinforce the concepts.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all employees who may be responsible for creating budgets, managing finances, or have an interest in accounting.
- Explain key financial terms
- Determine your role in company finances
- Find the rules and regulations for your area and industry
- Discuss various types of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and statements of retained earnings
- Explain how a chart of accounts is created
- Tell the difference between cash and accrual accounting
- Explain single entry and double entry bookkeeping
- Differentiate between debits and credits
- Identify and analyze important financial data
- Read annual reports
- Determine whether a company is financially high or low risk
- Recognize different types of organizational financial plans
- Explain what budgets are and how to prepare them