This course is designed to review the principles related to active listening as well as important communication strategies including public speaking, active listening, providing feedback, and dealing with difficult situations.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all employees who would like to improve their communication skills when interacting with co-workers, customers, and external clients.
- Define active listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener
- Use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- Understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- Create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent, and focus
- Ask questions, probe for information, and use paraphrasing techniques
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Develop skills to ask questions that give you information you need
- List what your non-verbal messages are telling others
- Enhance your ability to handle difficult situations