This course is designed to review the concepts related to team building and working in professional teams. Students will learn several models used to explain team development and how teams are formed over time.
Course Level: This course is for any employee that is required to form or work in a team.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all employees from those with less than 1 year of experience to those who are responsible for leading team development projects or managing others.
Outcome of the Course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Understand the value of working as a team
- Develop team norms, ground rules, and team contracts
- Identify your team player style and how it can be used effectively with your own team
- Build team trust
- Identify the stages of team development and how to help a team move through them
- Recognize the critical role communication skills will play in building and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Identify ways that team members can be involved and grow in a team setting
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.
- A completed course survey.