This course is designed to review the performance management techniques including how to recruit and manage talent and how to conduct performance reviews appropriately.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all hiring and supervisory staff that may be involved in recruiting, hiring, training, or supervising other employees.
- Recognize the importance of having a performance review process for employees.
- Understand how to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
- Develop skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
- Identify an effective interview process and have the opportunity to practice the process in a supportive atmosphere.
- Make the performance review legally defensible.
- Apply the multifaceted aspects of talent management in your own organization
- Describe the skills required to manage high potential candidates
- Recognize and foster talent within an organization
- Explain the principles of competency-based management
- Use the language for talent management