This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to identifying and resolving conflict in the workplace.
Course Level: This course is for the employee that may need to resolve conflicts among peers and/or subordinates. This is ideal for the learner who has limited knowledge related to conflict management and resolution techniques.
Targeted learners : This course would be applicable to all employees that have to work in groups or are having unresolved issues with co-workers or subordinates.
Outcome of the course
This course will enable learners to:
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate.
- Understand the types of conflict and the stages of conflict.
- Recognize the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
Components of this project:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.