This course is designed to review important project management and project planning concepts including how to assess risk and diagram project tasks and milestones.
Course Level: This course is for the advanced project manager who has experience with risk management, project planning, and creating various project timelines and milestones. Students must have completed the intermediate project management course, or have at least 1 year of project management experience.
Targeted learners: This course would be applicable to all project managers within an organization that have at least 1 year of project management experience
Outcome of the course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule