This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to emotional intelligence, working with others, and having empathy for others.
Course Level: This course is applicable for all employees, especially those that which to better work with others and improve their empathy skills. This course reviews emotional intelligence, the role it takes in the workplace, and how the learner can improve their relationships with others.
Targeted learners : This course would be applicable to all employees that have a customer service role or a role that requires them to interact with others, including co-workers.
Outcome of the course
This course will enable learners to:
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
Components of this project:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
• Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.