This course is designed to review the principles related to handling conflict with employees in the workplace and dealing with difficult situations. Components related to effectively being a facilitator and coach will also be discussed.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all supervisory employees that may have to serve as a mentor, coach, or facilitator.
- Describe what the peer review process is
- Apply a process for employees to file grievances and for management to respond
- Choose a facilitator and panel
- Understand what is involved in the hearing process, from preliminary meetings to the hearing, and the decision process
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- Identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- Understand the difference between content and process
- Identify the stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Use common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive