This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to facilitating groups and conflict.
Course Level: This course is for the employee that may need to resolve conflicts among peers and/or subordinates. This is ideal for the learner who has limited knowledge related to conflict management, team dynamics, and facilitation techniques.
Targeted learners : This course would be applicable to all employees that have to work in groups or are having unresolved issues with co-workers or subordinates.
Outcome of the course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- Identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- Understand the difference between content and process
- Identify the stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Use common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive
Components of this project:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.