This course is designed to review the principles related to human resource management.Principles related to hiring, retention, and motivating staff will also be discussed.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all employees who are responsible for managing and/or hiring other staff members. This is an introductory course designed for NON-HR managers.
- Discuss current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions.
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies.
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques.
- Get new employees off to a good start.
- Understand compensation and benefits.
- Maintain healthy employee relations.
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process.