This course is designed to review the principles related to lean manufacturing, planning, and scheduling.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all employees as principles related to waste reduction and proper planning is important in increasing workplace productivity and efficiency.
- Describe Value Add versus Non-Value Add activities.
- Illustrate the Eight Deadly Wastes and describe why they are a primary focus during Lean implementation.
- Describe each of the Eight Deadly Wastes in detail and give examples.
- Define and create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify and understand task relationships
- Estimate task durations and determine project duration
- Construct a network diagram
- Calculate the critical path of a project
- Use the Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) to create estimates
- Plan for risks
- Create a communication plan
- Effectively allocate project resources
- Update and monitor the project schedule