This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to managing information and knowledge within an organization.
Course Level: This course is for the employee that need to gather, store, and share information throughout the organization.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all employees that have to gather, manage, and store information for their work role. This can include those in an IT role and/or training capacities. This course reviews the types of information that may be store, how to store it, and how to share information to maximize productivity.
Outcome of the Course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Define knowledge and knowledge management.
- Explain the difference between explicit and tacit knowledge.
- Identify various knowledge management theoretical models.
- Explain how a properly implemented knowledge management program can improve efficiency.
- Describe the steps for employing a new knowledge management program in an organization.
- Identify the required components for implementing a knowledge management framework within an organization.
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.