This course is designed to review the skills necessary to be an effective supervisor. Students will also learn techniques that can be used to help them manage their time, communicate with employees, and deal with conflict effectively and diplomatically.
Course Level: This course is for the new supervisor, with less than 1 year of experience.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all newly promoted supervisors and project managers who are responsible for managing at least one other staff member.
Outcome of the course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Identify ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
- List leadership styles and identify your primary leadership style.
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 9-11 hours of course material and assignments.