This course is designed to introduce the learner to how to appropriately handle difficult conversations in the workplace.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all employees that deal with conflict or confrontation on a regular basis. All managers should take this course to help them refine their ability to interact with their subordinates when a difficult situation arises.
- Define frame of reference
- Establish a positive intent and a desired outcome
- Use good communication skills during a conversation
- Draft a script for a difficult conversation
- Use specific steps to carry out a difficult conversation
- Access additional resources as required
- Maintain safety in a conversation