This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to telecommuting or working remotely for an organization.
Course Level: This course is for the novice employee who is unfamiliar with virtual work environments.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all employees that may have a virtual role in an organization or those who are also looking to increase their productivity by working from home or working in a virtual office. This course also reviews the components of team development and best practices with working with virtual teams.
Outcome of the Course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Create a virtual workplace strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain telecommuting programs
- Build a virtual team and lead them to success
- Understand how successful teams are built and formed over time
- Plan and lead virtual meetings
- Use technology to support your virtual workplace
- Overcome cultural barriers when leading virtual teams
- Develop your virtual leadership skills
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 8-10 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.