This course is designed to review the principles related to training and orienting new staff members.
Course Level: Introductory
Targeted Learners: This course is applicable for all employees that serve a supervisory or manager role and are responsible for developing, teaching, motivating, and evaluating newly hired staff.
- Define onboarding and describe how it is different from orientation
- Identify the business benefits of onboarding
- List the factors that contribute to a successful onboarding program
- Build a team to create an onboarding program
- Prepare a vision statement and goals for an onboarding program
- Design a framework for an onboarding program that includes program setup, various types of training, games, progress tracking, and follow-up
- Customize your onboarding framework
- Identify which metrics you should track to evaluate program results
- Create a branded, unique program that will strengthen your company’s image and market position