This course is designed to review problem solving and decision making strategies that can be used in the workplace.
Course Level: This course is for all employees that have to work with others, solve workplace problems/issues, and those who may be responsible for managing and leading others.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all employees who are interested in refreshing their knowledge ofproblem solving techniques and strategies. This course reviews common problem solving concepts and is designed to be a comprehensive refresher course.
Outcome of the Course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Apply problem solving steps and tools
- Analyze information to clearly describe problems
- Identify appropriate solutions
- Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem solving team
- Select the best approach for making decisions
- Create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.
- A completed course survey.