This course is designed to introduce students to the essentials of project management including important project management principles, tools, and strategies to effectively plan and monitor projects to completion.
Course Level: This course is for the new project manager, with less than 1 year of direct project management experience.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to those new to project management who have an important role in helping to plan and monitor projects.
Outcome of the course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Describe what is meant by a project
- Explain what project management means
- Identify benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle
- Sell ideas and make presentations related to pitching a project
- Prioritize projects
- Begin conceptualizing your project, including goals and vision statements
- Use project planning tools
- Contribute to creating a Statement of Work
Components of the course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.