This course is designed to introduce the learner to components related to public speaking.
Course Level: This course is for the novice employee who wants to review the elements of public speaking and how to effectively deliver speeches and talks in front of others.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to all employees that may have to present to large groups of people.This course covers planning for, writing, and delivering speeches and presentations and also outlines best practices that the learner can use to implement these components to improve their public speaking abilities.
Outcome of the Course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Apply quick and easy preparation methods that will work whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for questions, even before you know what those questions will be.
- Overcome nervousness that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Use presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 10-12 hours of course material and assignments.
The success of this course will be based on achieving the following:
- 100% completion of all modules and discussion board.
- A student score of 80% or higher on all written assignments and quizzes in the course.
- A student score of 70% or better on the final course exam.