This course is designed to review the essentials of project management including important project management principles, tools, and strategies to effectively plan and monitor projects to completion. Students will also explore risk management, presentation techniques, and how to plan/analyze strategic projects.
Course Level: This course is for the experienced project manager, with between 1-3 years of direct project management experience.
Targeted Learners: This course would be applicable to those experienced with project management. Those who have a strategic role in planning and evaluating projects should also be encouraged to take this course.
Outcome of the Course:
This course will enable learners to:
- Describe what is meant by a project
- Explain what project management means
- Identify benefits of projects
- Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle
- Prioritize projects
- Begin conceptualizing your project, including goals and vision statements
- Contribute to creating a Statement of Work
- Have a better ability to sell ideas and make presentations.
- Know simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking your project.
- Have methods for keeping the team focused and motivated.
Components of the Course:
Instructional materials accompanying this course include:
- Online course, totaling approx. 13-16 hours of course material and assignments.